Tuesday, December 14, 2010

iheartfaces Pets Challenge

I know, the title of the Challenge is "pets" and these critters are anything BUT pets...more like PESTS to be honest. But any critter qualifies, so I present an Eastern Lubber Grasshopper. These suckers are HUGE, hiss when provoked, and give off an acid too. Oh, and they are voracious eaters of my tropical plants... come on...you know you want one ;-).

To participate in iheartfaces challenges or to see other entries in today's challenge, click on the icon below:

6 comments:

  1. nice detail! a little scary with the hissing and all but nice photo nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's creation always amazes me, and this is a beautiful capture, Amy, all the way down to the tiniest detail ... fantastic image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. scary - ick! ...but great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's amazin how close you got.
    I agree with the 'ick' but yes, great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see what pets everyone took picks of. The colors of this are fun and it is nice and sharp :-)

    ReplyDelete